Top tips for a winning application!
- Ensure that your application is clear and concise. Remember the judges are looking at a considerable amount of entries. You need to make an instant impact.
- To start, closely review all the categories available and determine which is appropriate for your business.
- Ensure that you take time to complete your application form. A considerable amount of thought is needed when deciding which information tells the best story.
- Read the entry criteria and ensure that you understand what the judges will be looking for. Stick to it!
- Understand the category you are entering and tailor your information to suit.
- Evidence base everything you state. You cannot just state that you have achieved something, you must prove your statement.
- Ensure that you keep to the word count. If you are asked for 250 words, stick to it.
- Presentation is key. Do not hand write your entry.
- Remember to “market” your company.
- If you are referring to your website, ensure your website is up-to-date!
- It is important to be able to evaluate anything that you have introduced into the business. Pinpoint how these changes have improved your profit, customer base, costs, staff recruitment/retention. Ensure that you measure any improvement.
- Don’t forget to showcase your business. Be proud of what you have achieved!
- Check your entry before finally submitting it - ensure you have answered all the questions and all relevant paperwork is included.
- Ensure that you meet the deadline date – you don’t get a second chance!
- Keep Friday 13 September 2019 clear – you could be the star of the show!
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 5 July 2019.
Bridgend Business Forum Awards 2019
When: Friday 13 September 2019
Where: Coed-y-Mwstwr Hotel, Coychurch
Finalists revealed: 26 July 2019
Twitter: @Bridgendforum #BBFAwards
All entries, enquiries, ticket sales: www.bridgendbusinessforum.co.uk or email: email@example.com