Top tips for a winning application!
1. Ensure that your application is clear and concise. Remember the judges are looking at a considerable amount of entries. You need to make an instant impact.
2. To start, closely review all the categories available and determine which is appropriate for your business.
3. Ensure that you take time to complete your application form. A considerable amount of thought is needed when deciding which information tells the best story.
4. Read the entry criteria and ensure that you understand what the judges will be looking for. Stick to it!
5. Understand the category you are entering and tailor your information to suit.
6. Evidence base everything you state. You cannot just state that you have achieved something, you must prove your statement.
7. Ensure that you keep to the word count. If you are asked for 250 words, stick to it.
8. Presentation is key. Do not hand write your entry.
9. Remember to “market” your company.
10. If you are referring to your website, ensure your website is up-to-date!
11. It is important to be able to evaluate anything that you have introduced into the business. Pinpoint how these changes have improved your profit, customer base, costs, staff recruitment/retention. Ensure that you measure any improvement.
12. Don’t forget to showcase your business. Be proud of what you have achieved!
13. Check your entry before finally submitting it - ensure you have answered all the questions and all relevant paperwork is included.
14. Ensure that you meet the deadline date – you don’t get a second chance!
15. Keep Friday 28 September 2018 clear – you could be the star of the show!
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Fridday 6 July 2018.
Bridgend Business Forum Awards 2018
When: Friday 28 September 2018
Where: Coed-y-Mwstwr Hotel, Coychurch
Finalists revealed: 25 July 2018
Twitter: @Bridgendforum #BBFAwards
All entries, enquiries, ticket sales: www.bridgendbusinessforum.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org