Tourism businesses set to benefit from information, support and funding!
Bridgend Bites destination workshop
Date: Thursday 9 February 2017
Time: 10am to 1pm
Venue: Kenfig National Nature Reserve Visitor Centre, Ton Kenfig, North Cornelly, CF33 4PT.
Come along to the Bridgend Bites destination workshop for an update on recent developments, plans and opportunities for tourism in Bridgend County Borough.
2017 is a big year for the county borough, with two major events, the Urdd National Eisteddfod and Seniors Open Championship taking place and important developments underway in Porthcawl. This is your opportunity to find out more.
We have a range of short presentations to inform and inspire you, including Visit Wales on national funding opportunities and recent success stories, BCBC on support available through Economic Development, the BTA on Tourism Ambassadors, Awen Trust on an exciting new project at Bryngarw Country Park and the Porthcawl Harbourside CIC.
There is a wide range of support available for tourism businesses and organisations including Visit Wales and Business Wales which will be available for 1-2-1 appointments to discuss funding opportunities.
To find out more, or register you interest in attending, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism funds open for applications
Proposals are being invited from the tourism industry for two funding pots, totalling around £2.5 million over two years.
The Tourism Product Innovation Fund (TPIF) is aimed at developing and improving the product offer to visitors which will benefit the tourism sector, local communities and critically, help to grow the tourism economy in a sustainable way.
Project proposals will need to:
· develop or enhance tourism products that have been identified as priorities within the tourism strategy and action plan
· be in line with Visit Wales’ thematic ‘Years of Experience’ approach (2017 Legends)
· meet the needs of one or more of Visit Wales’ target market segments
· demonstrate the ability to have an impact in the market place over a longer period of time
Regional Tourism Engagement Fund (RTEF)
The Regional Tourism Engagement Fund’s purpose is to contribute to the delivery of a 10 per cent growth target set out in the tourism strategy ‘Partnership for Growth’ and is aimed at projects that:
· Support destinations across Wales to promote and develop distinctive, high quality visitor destinations through the delivery of their destination management plans.
· Enable destinations to maximise the benefits from aligning with Visit Wales’ product-led thematic year approach.
Proposal guidance is available here
Both the Tourism Product Innovation Fund (TPIF) and Regional Tourism Engagement Fund (RTEF) are now open for applications. Projects that are innovative and high quality are encouraged. The closing date for the first round of applications is Friday 24 February. A further round will then be launched at this time next year to commit the remaining budget for 2018-19.
For more information or to discuss your proposal, please contact the Regional Tourism Engagement team at