Cardiff Capital Region: The City Deal and Beyond 2017
Coleg y Cymoedd, Nantgarw Campus, Heol y Coleg, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff CF15 7QY
7:30am - Registration
8:00am - Debate
9:00am - Approximate close
Guests are invited to remain behind after the formal close for coffee and networking
Ben Cottam, head of external affairs for Wales, Federation of Small Businesses
Peter Fox, vice chairman of Cardiff Capital Region cabinet and leader of Monmouthshire County Council.
Please join us as we debate opportunities to boost business and accelerate growth across Cardiff Capital Region.
City deal funding will give the region – which includes most of the South Wales Valleys, Newport and Monmouthshire – a chance to boost skills, connectivity and regeneration plans.
Insider’s panel of leaders will debate how the city deal can help business, and how companies can play a part in growing the region’s economy.
The debate will be driven by questions from the audience on topics which could include:
- What should Cardiff Capital Region’s top transport and connectivity priorities be?
- How can regeneration and development be balanced between Cardiff and other areas?
- What can the region do to attract investment from outside Wales?
- What skills will the region need, and how can it provide them?
- You can submit a question if you register to attend.